Friday, December 16, 2005

Year End Reflection

End of the year update……


Hi Everyone!

With the holiday season quickly approaching and the new year about to start, I thought I’d write and post a little thanks to all of my wonderful new/repeat clients, my agents Artist Logic in LA, and all my lovely wife, family and friends who have been so supportive and reflect on the year that was 2005.

Business wise, this has been a fantastic year for my studio, as I picked up several new clients, and continued to produce work for established ones as well! The direction of my studio has been steadily taking me in the exciting direction of advertising, film, and TV. Projects, such as “Surface” for NBC/Universal, and other independent film work in North Carolina have kept the creative gears turning. I still have been producing a lot of successful work in the video game industry as well with the “Ghost Recon: Summit Strike” for Xbox, and after the first of the year, “Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter” for the new Xbox 360 console. Also, many advertising jobs in a storyboarding and illustration role have, and continue to open up for me here on the east coast as well as in LA. All are very exciting!!

Looking forward to 2006, I’m already bidding, and in discussions with a number of large projects in motion pictures, and these look to kick off the new year in grand style! 2006 is looking to continue to build Film Shots Studio’s reputation as one of the premiere pre-visual studios on the east coast with no end in sight. I’m very excited at the possibilities! I’ll also be starting another new project for the video game industry, as well as my new story that I’ll be writing and illustrating for the comic book industry. My inclusion in Mark Simon’s “Storyboards: Motion in art: 3rd edition” will be out in 2006 and will be a fantastic source for anyone interested in learning about or persuing a career in Storyboards. I worked up a number of art pieces for the book so check it out when it comes out.

In closing, a quote and a hope……

“If you want to know how to do a thing you must first have a complete desire to do that thing. Then go to kindred spirits -- others who have wanted to do that thing -- and study their ways and means, learn from their successes and failures and add your quota. Thus you may acquire from the experience of the race. And with this technical knowledge you may go forward, expressing through the play of forms the music that is in you and which is very personal to you.”
~ Robert Henri

I hope the coming year will find you all in peace, tranquility, happiness, love, and fulfilling persuits. My all of your dreams come true. Happy Holidays everybody!!!

Craig